August 15th Update:
Hello all,The Fall 2018 schedule is out - for a pdf copy click here!
A couple of noteworthy events.
1. Because I have to be cautious about my right rotator cuff and a bone spur (no jokes) we are not doing a Wood-fired Oven Intensive this Fall. The next WFO Intensive will be 12 -13 April 2019.
2. We have invited internationally acclaimed baker and Chef Beesham Soogrin of Sweden (not Sweden, ME but really Sweden) to Stone Turtle to do two 2-day workshops on sourdough breads. We attended one of his workshops this past June and he was awesome. He is a source of incredible knowledge on sourdough breads and is generous in sharing. The dates are May 9 & 10 and May 11 & 12. More information is on our schedule and on Beesham the Baker Facebook page. If you're interested, please contact us by phone (207-459-0567) or by email at email@example.com .
We do not have an online reservation system. To reserve your space, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (207) 459-0567. See
We want to encourage all to reflect on how fortunate we are to live and work in the United States of America. We hope that each one of you will make an attempt to seek out goods that are really Made in America. The biggest impact that we can have in helping our fellow Americans is to insist that we see and have available more products made HERE - In AMERICA!
For comments from some of our students on our classes please click here.
As our small way of saying thank you, Stone Turtle Baking and Cooking School offers a 10% discount to Active Duty and Retired Military personnel and their dependents.
Here's some comments from our students at recent Intensives:
I fired the oven with the perimeter burn system...worked very well...much better than fire in the center as I had done before.
Made 4 short handled peels. Loaded in the kitchen then out to oven. Open door and in they went...so much better than one at a time. Also had made a transfer board...that is the best. One screw up...did not remember to steam oven...in the past I have not as it did not make any difference...was not using enough steam....will get it all together next time. After bread we did an Acorn squash and eggplant plus two brats......what a deal!
Thanks again... - Richard M., Springfield, MO
Splendidly wonderful class! Not just about teaching how to use the oven, but a lot of fabulous cooking and baking information. The staff creates a warm friendly, casual atmosphere. The food we cooked and ate was remarkably delicious. I took the pizza class, which was also incredible, but this course really helped me learn more about doughs.
Ann C.. Groton, MA & Kennebunkport, ME
Even though I am just the sous chef at my home, I greatly enjoyed and learned for the course. In addition to great instruction, Michael and Sandy extended great hospitality to all. I greatly appreciate the experience.
Janet T., West Fork, AK
Amazing class! We learned so much and enjoyed ourselves in the process. We liked the combination of hands-on and demonstration to get in as much as possible. The food was fantastic! We're looking forward to experimenting with our masonry oven and most likely a new pizza oven outside.
Pam & Tom M., Strong, ME
Our classes are geared toward adults (18 years old and above). We occasionally open the Pizza Plus class to 15 year olds (when accompanied by a parent or other adult). When we do that will be noted on the schedule. If a class is not posted with "open to 15 year olds when accompanied by an adult" it is an adults only class.
We try to do the administrative stuff ahead of time to limit the impact on class time.
If you want to secure a space in a class, please let us know via email (email@example.com) or phone (207-459-0567) to confirm that there is space available and then follow up with a check (or credit/debit card). We will put your name on the class list based on a phone call or email BUT our policy is that a person is registered only when we receive payment. We will hold email and phone registrations for 5 business days to allow for mailing. After 5 days we reserve the right to release the space to other callers.
If you would like to pay via credit card (MC or Visa, Discovery or AmEx), please give us a call and we'll do it by phone.
For the Intensive and Special classes: we require payment in full, or a deposit of 50%, at the time of registration. The balance is due 30 days prior to the class.
Our cancellation policy is:
- *Cancellation Policy* Due to the small nature of our business there are NO refunds. If you find you can’t make it to class please consider gifting it to a friend or relative.
- * NOTE: We try to maintain a wait list and if we have one for a class, as a courtesy, we will reach out to those on the wait list. If we are able to fill a space, we will offer a refund.
Intensive and Special Classes:
- Cancellation at least 30 calendar days before class - gift certificate. NOTE: We try to maintain a wait list and if we have one for a class, as a courtesy, we will reach out to those on the wait list. If we are able to fill a space, we will offer a refund.
- We do not check email on any regular basis and strongly recommend that cancellations close to the cut off be by phone not by email.
If you have any questions please feel free to call us at (207) 459-0567. Thanks.